The CHESPRA Communications Contest recognizes outstanding communications produced by public school districts and private schools located in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. Entries must have been produced during the PREVIOUS school year. Winners are announced during the Fall CHESPRA Conference and posted on the CHESPRA website.
The Fall 2020 Communications Contest - October 19, 2020 deadline
- Pay for your entry/entries first:
Submit your entry - You will not be able to submit your entry without providing payment first.
Entry summary paragraph:
All entries must include a summary paragraph stating
- The purpose of your entry
- The target audience for your entry
The summary paragraph WILL factor into scoring.Please note that there will only be an award of merit, award of excellence and honorable mention in each category.Contact CHESPRA VP of Awards and Recognition with questions about the contest. Deadline for submissions is Monday, October 19 2020.
Contest Rules & Eligibility
To recognize outstanding communications produced by school divisions and local schools in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia and to encourage Chesapeake Chapter members to evaluate and enhance their communications.
Any public or private school divisions (K-12), including special schools such as vocational-technical centers, located in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Judging and Recognition
- The top award in each category is the Award of Excellence, followed by the Award of Merit and Honorable Mention.
- Entries will not be judged against each other, and awards will be given in any category only if merited.
- Entries will be judged against criteria for content and design. Districts and divisions of all sizes are encouraged to submit entries.
- Judging will be conducted by media and public relations professionals who work for entities not eligible to enter the contest.
- Winners will be notified and awards distributed at the Fall CHESPRA Conference.
Entries that do meet these requirements will not be considered for the contest.
- Entries must have been produced during the PRIOR school year, 2019-20 (July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020).
- All entries, both print and electronic, must be submitted in some digital form, either via URL or file upload.
Print entries should also be physically mailed in to Carol Gibson, Communications Support Specialist, Fairfax County Public Schools, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Suite 5100, Falls Church, VA 22042.
Entries must be received or postmarked by Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- The same publication may not be entered in more than one category. Choose the primary distribution method when deciding category.
- Multiple issues of the same publication count as one entry.
- Student-written and/or student-produced publications are not eligible for this contest.
- Entries must be received or postmarked by Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.